Air Ducts and Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Triangle Legacy is your Air Duct and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning HVAC Cleaning professionals. You can’t control the quality of the air outside, but you can inside. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), our indoor environment has two to five times more pollutants than outside air. Estimates show that the average American spends more than 20 hours each day inside a closed structure. Often, without access to outside air. As a result, our indoor lifestyle has heightened our interest in and our need for good indoor air quality. Indoor air pollutants may include: dust mites, pet hair and dander, bacteria and viruses, molds and odors, smoke, household chemicals, formaldehyde and other Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from cleaning products. According to the EPA VOCs include a variety of chemicals, some of which may have short and long-term adverse health effects. Concentrations of many VOCs are consistently higher indoors (up to ten times higher) than outdoors. VOCs are emitted by a wide array of products numbering in the thousands. Examples include: paints and lacquers, paint strippers, cleaning supplies, pesticides, building materials and furnishings, office equipment such as copiers and printers, correction fluids and carbonless copy paper, graphics and craft materials including glues and adhesives, permanent markers, and photographic solutions. Studies have shown that two out of three indoor air quality problems involve the Heating, Venting, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system. Air Duct cleaning provides allergy relief, eliminates odors, and reduces dust and ultimately, house work. Air duct cleaning and HVAC (Heating, Venting, and Air Conditioning) unit cleaning is recognized by industry experts as the most effective way to eliminate airborne pollutants.
Triangle Legacy’s professionals recommend having your air ducts and HVAC system cleaned every 5 years to maximize air quality. However, it may be helpful for allergy and asthma sufferers to have the clean-up done more frequently based on the weather and outdoor air quality conditions. It is recommended that these systems be checked and cleaned after any construction work to ensure optimal system performance.
How Will You Know It’s Time? 1. You may check to see if your system needs cleaning by shining a flash light through the vents to see if it is dusty and dirty. 2. Seasonally remove the air vents to check to see if they are in need of replacement or clean up.
What Are The benefits of Servicing your HVAC Unit?:
1. Improve the air quality in your home or commercial property. This is greatly appreciated by allergy suffers.
2. Improve system efficiency, which ultimately save you money and makes your home greener by reducing your carbon footprint.
3. Improve the longevity of your heating and cooling systems by reducing the stress on systems components. This makes the system last longer.
4. Restore peak energy efficiency.
5. Eliminate offensive odors.
6. Reduce the potential for mold growth.
How Triangle Legacy’s Professionals Can Help: Air ducts are supposed to keep our home clean and pollutant free. However, in many cases, and because dust and other pollutants are left to build up in the ducts and surrounding system, they may do little more than circulate those very toxins around our homes. Through routine and thorough air duct cleaning, Triangle Legacy’s professionals are able to minimize the risk and reduce the debris that makes its way into the breathable atmosphere within our homes.
1. Pre-Cleaning Inspection Prior to the air duct cleaning process taking place, a thorough inspection should be conducted. The pre-cleaning inspection should highlight any problems and generally outline the condition of the HVAC and air cleaning system within your home. It will also detail the condition and cleanliness of each of the individual components within the system, so that you and Triangle Legacy’s professionals know what is required.
2. Video Inspection System Triangle Legacy’s professionals go a step further than providing documents or photos of the inspection. Using a video inspection system we can provide you with video footage that shows your ducts before, during, and after the cleaning process. You don’t simply need to take our word for it that we’ve cleaned your ventilation system, now you can see for yourself.
3. Fitting The HEPA-Filtered Vacuum And Creating Negative Air Pressure Our proprietary system works differently than cleaning equipment. Triangle Legacy’s professionals dislodge and remove the dirt and debris at the same time. This eliminates the need to flush this first through the HVAC system. This is important because it prevents the debris and microbial elements from filtering into the rooms of your house or office. It is a perfectly safe, yet thorough method for cleaning air ducts.
4. Source Removal Our specialized equipment is used to dislodge and instantly remove the debris from within your ducts and ventilation system. Triangle Legacy’s professionals are able to capture the debris instead of circulating it through your HVAC system.
5. System Sanitization Triangle Legacy’s Professionals use EPA-approved sanitization cleaner to thoroughly cleanse the inside of your ducts and ventilation system. Triangle Legacy’s cleaner is the same type of cleaner that is used in hospitals and other areas where cleanliness is mandatory and uncompromised. We do advise that homeowners vacate the premises during this process, which will last approximately fifteen minutes.
6. Documentation and Post Cleaning Report As with the pre-work documentation, we show you live video footage of the ducts and system once we have finished the cleaning process. We want you to feel confident and secure that Triangle Legacy’s professionals have provided a clean system free from microbial, dust, debris, mold, and other contaminants. Breathe easy, Triangle Legacy’s professionals are just a phone call or click away. Call us at (855) 806-2088 or visit us at www.atrianglelegacy.com.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Information The dryer vent can be a surprisingly hazardous area in your home – causing you to use more electricity and pay more in energy bills. Your dryer vent may also cause your home to be colder, further increasing your winter heating bills. Cleaning air vents can help to improve the efficiency and life of your dryer, prevent a possible fire hazard, keep your house warmer, and reduce your energy bills. It can also help to reduce the time it takes to dry your clothes. Is Your Dryer a Fire Hazard? [Please also link this to Fire, Smoke and Soot pages Place direct link here] No matter how good the filter is in your dryer, over time it is likely that there will be lint that finds its way past the filter and into the dryer vents. Without cleaning, more and more lint will collect in the vents and begin to build up within the exhaust duct of your dryer, causing a very serious potential fire hazard. Fires can happen when the lint build up becomes too great. Trust the professionals at Triangle Legacy to provide a dryer filter evaluation as part of the air duct cleaning service. Call us at 800-830-3324 for immediate assistance.
Cold Kitchen? As well as being a fire hazard, as lint collects on the exhaust and air vent, it also prevents many of the metal flapper exhaust vents from closing. This leaves what is essentially a large hole in your kitchen or utility room wall. During the winter months this means the warm air in your home escapes and the cold air outside may find its way in. Do you have a cold kitchen or high heating bills? The professionals at Triangle Legacy will clean your air vents to help prevent high decreases in temperature and increases in energy bills.
Keep Your Dryer Working and Your Money In Your Pocket: As lint continues to build up your dryer will become less and less efficient. More and more energy will be needed to manage to dry the clothing items placing more and more pressure on the electrical components, including the motor in your dryer. Eventually, the overworked motor is often the first thing to go. In some cases the motor can be replaced, but not without cost. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. Call the professionals at Triangle Legacy to evaluate your air ducts, dryer vents and indoor air quality. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that more than 15,000 dryer fires occur each year resulting in 20 deaths and millions of dollars of damage to property. They advise that the exhaust vent be regularly checked and cleaning air vents should be a consistent practice. The experts at Triangle Legacy are available to give you a no obligation quote by calling 800-830-3324 or by visiting www.atrianglelegacy.com .
When you call, please have the following information available: 1. How many vents do you have in total (supply and return – blowing and sucking). 2. Or, please provide us with the square footage of your home or commercial property. 3. Where is the furnace located? (closet, attic, on the roof etc.) 4. If your home or property if over 4,000 sq./ft. we may need to do a site estimate. You can’t control air quality outside, but you can inside. Give the professionals at Triangle Legacy a call to ensure that your air is clean and clear. Your lungs will thank you. Call us at 800-830-3324 for immediate assistance.