Spring is finally here!
As temperatures rise and flowers bloom everything comes to life again! Its warm outside and there are a ‘gazillion and one’ outdoor activities that need tending to……activities that have been put on hold all winter long! You can’t wait to go outside, and rightfully so! But wait a minute!
Don’t forget about your carpets! They faithfully served you winter long, remember! Don’t you think ‘they’ deserve a new beginning too? After all spring, summer and fall will pass and winter will return! And when it does, guess who will be waiting for you then? Yep, ‘good old carpet’, crud and all!
There are so many obvious reasons to have your carpets cleaned like appearance and odor to name a few.
The Not So Obvious
- Protect your Investment: People don’t typically pay attention to this one, but they really should! From purchasing to installing, carpets can be quite the investment. As a result, protecting that investment by properly caring for your carpet might not be such a bad idea. Routine cleanings by a professional should help you prolong the life of your carpet, hence your investment!
- Maintain the Carpet’s Warranty: Read the fine print! Most carpet warranties actually require that carpets are cleaned every so often using specific methods that is are familiar and routine to carpet cleaning professionals…..or else!
- Easier Maintenance: By thoroughly cleaning your carpet on a regular basis, you prevent buildup of unhealthy contaminants deep within your carpet fibers. In the absence of buildup, regular vacuuming should be sufficient enough to keep your carpet clean and ‘healthy’!
- Confidence Booster: Be it in your home or your work place, a clean and fresh carpet makes anyone feel better about their environment and ultimately boosts their confidence and disposition.
- Indoor Air Quality: Carpets have the potential to trap a variety of allergens and bacteria. Without regular professional cleaning, indoor air quality may ultimately be compromised and this could subsequently lead to a host of respiratory illnesses for you, your loved ones and/or the people in that environment for whom you are ‘responsible’.
It is no secret that the internet harbors a myriad of do-it-yourself (DIY) techniques. Most times however, quality is well worth paying for! The trouble with DIY techniques in lieu of professional carpet cleaning, is that there is a very high tendency to cause irreparable damage to your once ideal carpet.
It’s the little things……like:
- Using too much shampoo: Being overly generous with the shampoo but failing to rinse it out adequately can cause a build-up of soapy residue. And a build-up of soapy residue is a catalyst for the metamorphosis of your once beautiful carpet into a ‘dirt-magnet’!
- Using too much water: Not knowing ‘when to stop’ with water can lead to discoloration of your once beautiful carpet. To add to that, excess water is a definite catalyst to an entirely different but major problem…….Mold infestation!
- Improper protection of furniture: If you don’t protect your furniture properly, you could end up damaging both the carpet (by discoloration from wood dye or rust) and the furniture itself!
The Bottom Line
You really do get what you pay for!
At Triangle Legacy, we make it possible for you to focus on what you do best because we focus on what we do best, ………taking excellent care of your carpets!
For a free consultation and estimate, please contact us at (301) 523-9419 or Toll Free at 1-800-830-3324.
We currently serve the Washington D.C Metropolitan Area including Alexandria, Springfield, Arlington and Fairfax County in Virginia