Spring Has Sprung, …or has it???
So technically, Tuesday March 20, 2018 was the first day of Spring…….at least in the Washington DC Metropolitan and Northern Virginia areas, it was!
One problem though; we got snowed in!
- Snowed ‘in’;
- Snowed ‘under’;
- Does it really matter what you call it?
The fact of the matter is, simply stated, residents of the above-mentioned vicinity experienced significant amounts of snowfall on the first day of Spring 2018, period! As it appears, the weather has absolutely no regard for astrological guidelines!
Oh, the oxymoron of life!
We currently live in a world where most things and people are like the weather, …. extremely unpredictable and cannot be counted on! We on the other hand, are different!
Who is we?
‘We’ are Triangle Legacy!
And who is Triangle Legacy?
Triangle Legacy comprises of a team of professionals who specialize in water damage restoration services, fire damage restoration services, mold mitigation/remediation services and carpet/upholstery cleaning, to name a few.
To find out more about us visit us here.
However, we didn’t write this ‘piece’ to brag about ourselves, so let’s get down to business, shall we?
Why did we write this piece?
- To share some ATYPICAL spring cleaning tips with you, because believe it or not Spring will eventually arrive, …if summer doesn’t get here first!
An Atypical Spring Cleaning Checklist by Triangle Legacy!
A. CARPETS: Arrange to have your carpets, rugs & upholstery professionally deep cleaned. Why?
- To eliminate allergens like pollen, dust mites and mold spores, as well as pet urine stains and pet urine odor to name a few…
- What’s Living in Your Carpet?
- Pet Odor & Carpet Stain Removal in Washington DC Metro Area: Pet Oopsies!
- Breaking the Cycle: The Chemistry of Pet Urine Odor Removal
- Carpet Stain & Pet Odor Removal
B. MOLD: Inspect your home for the presence of mold. Why?
- Well apart from its unsightly appearance and musty smell, mold has the potential to make you very ill, thereby severely compromising your quality of life. It also has the uncanny potential to ‘eat away’ at your home, …down to the core of it’s very foundation!
C: AIR DUCTS: Although this is very easy to overlook, arrange to have the air ducts of your home professionally cleaned. Why?
- To save on the cost of and effectiveness of heating and cooling your home?
- To improve the indoor air quality in your home.
- Think about this… “The air ducts are a collection tubes that are somewhat analogous to a circulatory system. Do you really want your loved ones breathing in contaminated air? We didn’t think so…
D: DRYER VENTS: Arrange to have your dryer vents professionally cleaned. Why?
- To prevent house fires.
E: LEAKS: Carefully inspect your home for leaks. Why?
- To prevent water damage and subsequent mold infestation.
F:CRACKS: Check for cracks in your drywall and foundation. Why?
- To prevent water damage and potential flooding.
G: SMOKE DETECTORS: Change the batteries in and make sure that all smoke detectors throughout your home are functioning. Why?
- Two words, ……potential fatalities!
Happy Spring and Happy Reading from us to you!